Education for Adults
- ERIC: Education Resources Information Center This free database from the United States Department of Education indexes a variety of education-related articles. Some resources are available for free online while others must be obtained elsewhere. The site includes the ERIC Thesaurus. http://www.eric.ed.gov/
- Gateway to Educational Materials This is a great site for teachers looking for lesson plans on a wide range of subjects. According to a review in WIRED, "GEM evaluates resources from federal, state, university, nonprofit, and commercial sites and compiles a database of lesson plans accessible through a simple search. There are currently over 140 organizations supplying over 7,000 documents to the database." http://www.thegateway.org/
- House Committee on Education and the Workforce The committee that monitors legislation on education, child labor, school food programs, workers' compensation, vocation rehabilitation, labor wages and hours, and work incentive programs. http://edworkforce.house.gov/
- Iowa College Student Aid Commission Your financial aid Connection to "scholarships & grants, student loans, loan forgiveness, Iowa choices, free publications, forms & applications, and research" for students and parents. http://www.iowacollegeaid.org/
- Kahn Academy Learn for free about math, art, computer programming, economics, physics, chemistry, biology, medicine, finance, history, and more.
- National Center for Education Statistics "NCES is the primary federal entity for collecting and analyzing data that are related to education in the United States and other nations." Look here for statistical information on all levels of education. The site includes an encyclopedia of education statistics, an FAQ, activities for children, and a catalog the best search engine based on the information you have, and other resources for teachers. http://nces.ed.gov/
- Peterson's Education Center Online, searchable versions of the popular Peterson's educational guides. Active sections are private college-preparatory schools, undergraduate colleges, graduate and professional study, etc. http://www.petersons.com/
- U.S. Department of Education Compiles a variety of information relating to government initiatives and educational programs at all levels,education-related grants (look under OERI) and statistics (NCES), and departmental publications. News bulletins about department activities are added frequently. Statistics retrieval is unreliable, but otherwise the information provided seems current. It also provides access to individual state education departments. Searchable index and searchable department hone directory available. http://www.ed.gov/
See Education in 'Do Research'