Cresco Public Library
100th Birthday Celebration of our Carnegie Library
The Cresco Public Library celebrated its Centennial with an Open House on Friday, November 7th, 2014. Pictures of this event can be seen by clicking here. For more information about the history of Cresco Public Library and Carnegie libraries,. click here.
The Cresco Public Library has a new operating system (called Apollo) which one can use from anywhere in the world as long as one has internet access. Check out our new catalog by clicking here or on the tab above. Be patient with staff as they become familiar with the variety of advantages this system provides.
When you visit our library catalog, you can
- go directly to NEIBORS (ebooks and/or audobooks downloads) or EBSCOhost (research topics)
- see 'What's Hot' and 'What's New'
- search for a book or an author
When you visit our library catalog and log into your account with your patron number and telephone number, you can
- see what book(s) you have on reserve or put a book on reserve
- see if you've checked out a book
- change to a more secure password
- add a phone or email address
- direct the library's automated system to send out a 3-day notice before your items are due and renew if necessary
- see items that you currently have checked out
- 'Going out of town? You can defer your reserves until you get back.'
- 'Is the library missing something? You can request that the library purchase a book or borrow it from another library (inter-library loan)'
Story Hour with Arla is scheduled for Wednesday, April 29th. The next theme, "Bloom Where You Are Planted", will be held from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Our new library circulation program is awesome. Experiment with what you can do with our new Apollo system.
Great Rivers 2-1-1 is a 24-hour information & referral and crisis line service. The service is free and confidential. Great Rivers 2-1-1 is a service of Gunderson Lutheran Health System and the United Way.
Contact them at Great Rivers 2-1-1; PO Box 426; Onalaska, WI 54650; or for assistance call 2-1-1 or (800) 362-8255 throughout the Tri-State Region (WI, MN & IA)